Monday, February 2, 2009

Ollie says, "Cha-Ching"


The New York Post reports that the Mets and Oliver Perez have agreed to a three-year, $36 million contract.

A fine deal for the Mets. In last year's market, Perez would have been in line for a five-year contract, possibly one worth $70 million. It's quite possible he won't prove to be a $12 million-per-year pitcher, but on a three-year contract, he's well worth taking a chance on at this price.

Now for my take...$12M per yr for a career record of five games under 500. I tell you what, I'm bringing Boras with me to my year-end evaluation. I should be in line for a handsome little sum based on my production to the corporate bottom line.

Websters definition of over paid - To pay a person in excess. Ironic enough, Ollie's grill was plastered adjacent to the entry.

I'm hoping for a good season out of Ollie, say a minimum of 15 victories and a sub 4.00 ERA.

Looks like Sheets will no longer be an option for the Mets. IMHO, it's time to bring in a stick. Dollars to doughnuts, Manny is not gonna be roaming LF in Citi Field for them this season. In as much as I would love to see Adam Dunn brought in with an eye on moving him to first in 2010, Omar and Manuel have made it clear their preference is for a bat on the right side of the dish.

That leads me to the X-man, Nady. The Yanks are shopping him for a set up man, Omar let's punch up some digits and find out what it's gonna take. Perhaps a package with Brian Stokes as the centerpiece will allow the Mets to procure Nady's services.

2 comments:

Dave Singer said...

The site looks great!

UGOT2BELIEVE said...

Thanx in big part to you and my daughter, aka drain on my wallet.