Friday, January 9, 2009

Pedro wants to win Series with Mets


I just don't know what to think about this situation...My gut tells me, give Pedro a gold watch and a sincere thanx for making the Mets relevant again. However, there is a possibility of signing Pedro to a modest one year contract loaded w/ lucrative incentives. IMHO, I believe if he feels he can still pitch and not embarrass himself, the Mets should diligently look into bringing Pedro back as the fifth starter. Here's the thing, just don't hand the job over to him, I say you work him out hard and huddle up w/ team doctors and make a decision.

PROS

  • No risk, no reward
  • Pedro is a well respected member of this team
  • Minimal gaurantee $cratch
CONS

  • HEALTH...HEALTH...HEALTH
Reported by Anthony DiComo, MLB.com


0 comments: